World Naval Ships Forums  

Go Back   World Naval Ships Forums > Models and Modelling > Modelling Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 17-09-2015, 14:14
Default Re: HMS Victorious

Well that was disappointing to put it mildly .........

I spent god nows how long making up a ribbon wire patch lead to check out the wiring on the two hulls only to find that other than the lighting leads none of the others worked and I can only assume that it is signal loss in the length of wiring being used or the tag block connecters used to form the joint between the two sections of hull

So having waisted a couple of weeks patiently wireing it all up and soldering all the joints I will nowl have to revert back to where I had endless leads to be plugged / unplugged each time she goes out on the water

I thought the worst and had the ESC checked and was found to be working perfectly and the only thing that worked was the rudder control

I am not praised for my patience and this has sorely tested it ...........but I will have to revert back again if you don't hear from me for a couple of weeks just look for the plumes of solder smoke from the workshop .

One good thing came from it and thats now an eversion from ribbon wire which I was going to use on future models to help keep the wiring tidy but that has run its course and failed
What Ever Floats Your Boat

Ship Search by Name : Advanced Search
Random Timeline Entry : 7th January 1933 : HMS London : Arrived Port Eretria