World Naval Ships Forums  
VIEW ALL OF OUR CURRENT SPECIAL OFFERS HERE!

Go Back   World Naval Ships Forums > Models and Modelling > Modelling Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2018, 12:07
Admiral

Default Re: Naval Tug ??

Hook it up Mum's buggy then you has no lifting to do . One lady each side and in the water it goes.

Now I standby for incoming
Old 01-01-2018, 12:55
Admiral

Well I past your suggestion on to the ladies Dave , and I'm told that when the plaster sets I'll be allowed to leave A+E
Old 01-01-2018, 16:27
Admiral

That'll learn yer to tittletattle

Good luck with the barrer.

Dave H
Old 03-01-2018, 11:56
Admiral

Thanks Dave , its quite ingenious as it folds up lengthways and folds down into a quite small unit that can be stored in either the boot or backseat

Very efficient service [needless to say German efficiency but no blue badge on it]
remains to see how well it copes but looks sturdy enough and all steel construction with nylon type fitted bag fitted with velcro /loped corners ....so quite optimistic , as I said the one I saw was carrying children in [although they specifically warn not to be used as such .
Old 19-01-2018, 21:19
Admiral

Been working on the Tug recently , and decided to Install a helpful tool to assist me by displaying the state of the batteries and a visual display of both the current voltage left and displaying the amps being drawn at the same time .

This is both light weight and small and can help me decide what to be running at the time of operation and if I have enough in reserve to rescue a model in distress or wether to remain at the edge and sympathise

Have also installed a very cheap item that helps me tweak both the speed the Kort nozzles react when rudder is applied , and their travel in either direction which aids maintaining a true direction / pilotage whilst underway as each can be separately adjusted to suit

Its called a "servo morph" and is fitted inline between the rudder servo and the receiver

I have never fitted one before but that should be easy enough to install .

I have revised the way in which my Sealed Lead Acid batteries are charged and now use my "Smart" balanced charger for Lipo's only as I have found the batteries were at variance to the anticipated charge as the Auto charger, whilst doing a good as a balanced charger, being a smart charger was not trickle charging once its charge time had been reached .

The SLA charger will do a rapid charge and once completed maintain a trickle charge until turned off ., and trials have shown the lakeside charge to be both uniform and higher than hitherto shown .

So all being well the new chargers will deliver a fuller charge and help extend the life of the two 14 Amp hour SLA batteries
Old 20-01-2018, 16:05
Forum Moderator

All helpful devices to let you determine the salvage rates

Jim
Old 20-01-2018, 17:25
Admiral

Well if the amounts obtained elsewhere on the Forum are anything to go by its hardly worth the effort eh Jim .

You know I only do it for the pleasure Jim , mind you since we bought our new car last year there don't seem to have been so many calls for help

Must admit the fitting of the meter had me scratching my head a bit as I seemed to have a spare wire left over .....but sussed it out eventually ..........now if I can just alter the weather a tad I'll be able to try it all out and judge the investment made but it looks as though I'll have to wait till next Sunday as there talking about snow , High winds , and no Rum so may wait a bit

Ship Search by Name : Advanced Search
Random Timeline Entry : 16th January 1940 : HMS Cromer : Laid down at Lobnitz & Co. Ltd. (Renfrew, Scotland)