World Naval Ships Forums  
VIEW ALL OF OUR CURRENT SPECIAL OFFERS HERE!

Go Back   World Naval Ships Forums > Naval History > Russian Ships and Crews
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Russian Ships and Crews Topics relating to a specific Russian ship or ships.

Old 23-09-2010, 18:41
Chief Petty Officer

Default Re: Submarine Photographs

Hello Mustang.

This might help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SCH.jpg (156.1 KB, 96 views)
Old 30-09-2010, 14:36
Sub-Lieutenant

Steve, Gary

Thanx for the cross sections, it helps with my task. Does any one have any technical info that isn't a copy and paste job from wikipedia
Old 04-11-2011, 10:17
Vice Commodore

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve roberts View Post
The Russian submarine "AKULA" (Shark) the first really useful Russian built submarine under construction at St.Petersburg in 1908.Her designer,Naval Constructor Bubanov,proudly poses in front of her.This was the First Home buit submarine capable of long distance passage.In 1912 she was the first submarine in the World to fire a multi-torpedo volley of five torpedoes.During the First World War,she completed 16 unsuccessful patrols in the Baltic.She was sunk by a mine,with all hands on her 17th patrol
Regards Steve.
Here is a picture of AKULA taken in 1911 according to the blurb sent with it from the Novosti Press Agency. Also a picture (undated) of YORSH from the same source.

1. AKULA - 1911

2. YORSH

Steve
Attached Images
File Type: jpg akula-11-rus.JPG (225.4 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg yorsh-rus.JPG (185.1 KB, 30 views)
Old 09-01-2012, 08:47
Sub-Lieutenant

Something we cold war warriors thought we would never see - the interior of a Akula/Typhoon ...
http://englishrussia.com/2009/04/14/...est-submarine/

Going by the caption under the first photo, these must be TK-17 Arkhangelsk and TH-20 Severstal. Neither looks in any condition to go to sea, which discounts the third survivor of the class, TK-208 Dmitri Donskoi. TK-208 has as recently as October 2010 conducted missile firing tests.

According to Wikipedia TK17 and TK20 remain in commission, which is evident from the flags being flown and from the obvious presence of at least a skeleton crew on board. It appears though that they may recently (since these photos were taken) have been decommissioned.

Tony
Old 14-05-2012, 16:07
Lieutenant

Last April I visited Saint-Petersburg port and made a photo of this D-2 sub from WW-II.
Regards,
Serge.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SS D_2.jpg (583.5 KB, 36 views)
Old 04-06-2013, 18:40
Lieutenant-Commander

Default Re: Special Warship Pictures (min: 1500 pixels wide only)

Apologies if this one is already listed on the site - currently sitting just down river of Rochester (Kent, UK) Bridge. The Russian Hunter Killer built in 1967.

After a spell as a tourist attraction in London she has sat on the River Medway for at least 7 or 8 years - she is very popular with film crews despite her outward appearance and is currently being used to film a British Flick about a floating hotel off Margate in 1950s Apocolyptic Britain (apologies if spelling letting me down there).

Would love to get onboard with my camera ...........

Danny
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Russian Submarine.JPG (1.42 MB, 53 views)
Old 04-06-2013, 19:14
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by siggy63 View Post
Apologies if this one is already listed on the site - currently sitting just down river of Rochester (Kent, UK) Bridge. The Russian Hunter Killer built in 1967.

After a spell as a tourist attraction in London she has sat on the River Medway for at least 7 or 8 years - she is very popular with film crews despite her outward appearance and is currently being used to film a British Flick about a floating hotel off Margate in 1950s Apocolyptic Britain (apologies if spelling letting me down there).

Danny
A rather sad-looking "Foxtrot" Class (Project 641) boat ... one of the few survivors of the 74-strong class which formed the backbone of the Soviet Navy's conventional submarine force in the 1960s/1970s.
Old 04-06-2013, 21:37
Forum Moderator

The above two posts have been moved here from the Special Warship Pictures Thread.

HMS BADSWORTH [HUNT CLASS DESTROYER]
Old 08-06-2013, 00:17
Sub-Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by siggy63 View Post

Danny
Danny, My brother and I visited the boat when it was parked in London. It took us some time to find it but worth the visit. I think that the owners missed out on a good earner with this one. They did not have any guides on the boat; when you paid your money it was a case of people wandering through the boat wondering what they were looking at. The average time for a complete tour of the boat was about ten minutes; my brother and I took about two hours. The tour started in the fwd torpedo compartment and you worked your way aft. I was explaining something to my brother about the torpedo tubes and noticed that we were blocking the way for people to get through, I offered to move aside but they said that it was ok. They followed us all the way through the boat. I will look out the photographs that I took and post them.

John
Old 22-08-2014, 08:44
Sub-Lieutenant

Default Re: Russian Submarine Photographs

English Russia has recently posted some interesting photos of early 20th century boats, including some 'Holland's and the Russian designed 'Delfin' (Dolphin), which was launched in 1902.

http://englishrussia.com/2014/08/18/...ly-xx-century/
Old 14-03-2017, 23:47
Ordinary Seaman

Default Re: Russian Submarine Photographs

Inside the conning tower of a Foxtrot sub https://youtu.be/9Dj2Z3-p5Vw

Ship Search by Name : Advanced Search
Random Timeline Entry : 28th January 1939 : HMS Jason : Arrived Guernsey