World Naval Ships Forums  

Go Back   World Naval Ships Forums > Naval Books > Naval Book Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Naval Book Forum Discuss naval books here.

Old 06-12-2016, 20:06
Default Re: Is there a Place for Naval Fiction Here?

Originally Posted by jbryce1437 View Post
Good luck with that.

Thanks Jim.

The story starts at Jutland 1916 and finishes at Bremershaven 1945

Basically the plot has Admirals Souchon, Meurer and Von Reuter coming up with a plan to not send one ship to Scapa Flow to internment and hide her away. The ship then fights in the Second World War.

I named the draft 'The Kaiser's Phoenix.'
Old 14-10-2017, 11:15
Ordinary Seaman
Default Re: Is there a Place for Naval Fiction Here?

I am happy to discover that the market for naval fiction is still very much alive and well. How do I know? Two weeks ago my first novel was published and already over 1,000 copies have been sold or downloaded from Amazon.

Stories of 'the wooden world' are abundant. I have particularly enjoyed the works of Patrick O'Brian, CS Forester, Dudley Pope and Alexander Kent. I have also read some of the books by the modern day authors, J D Davies and Julian Stockwin. For WW2 stories I think it hard to beat Douglas Reeman, although I have read only a few of his books. However, it seemed to me that there was little choice in WW1 novels.

With this in mind, I started a series of novels outlining some of the more unusual facets of the RN's contribution to the war effort, including submarines, aviation, intelligence and the Naval Division. For many of the public, the RN merely took part in the Battle of Jutland. Did you know that whilst the Gallipoli campaign is regarded as a failure, the submarine campaign was a huge success? The RN founded MI6 and the grandmorther of GCHQ, Room 40? Were you aware that it was naval pilots who gained air superiority for the allies over the Western Front? Or that the RN invented the tank and formed the first armoured car squadron?

My books are fiction, but based on true events. I hope they will inspire non matelots to research the history further and admire the courage of our forebears. Interested in my first book? Promise me you will rate it on Amazon. Otherwise it will dive from its current high ranking and never resurface. it is published by Endeavour Press and is called, The Custom of the Trade.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg The Custom of the Trade.jpg (278.7 KB, 5 views)

Ship Search by Name : Advanced Search
Random Timeline Entry : 25th January 1939 : HMS Glasgow : Arrived Scapa Flow