World Naval Ships Forums  
VIEW ALL OF OUR CURRENT SPECIAL OFFERS HERE!

Go Back   World Naval Ships Forums > Models and Modelling > Modelling Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 16-02-2017, 13:12
Forum Moderator

Default Re: Bodgitt and Bodgitt; new build HMS DAFFODIL (formerly War Dept Train Ferry No3).

Absolutely splendiferous. Enjoyed watching her construction and she is a credit to you both.

Jim
Old 16-02-2017, 17:16
Admiral

Default Re: Bodgitt and Bodgitt; new build HMS DAFFODIL (formerly War Dept Train Ferry No3).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyerman View Post
Quote from photographer Alan Taylor and Secretary of Portsmouth Model Boat Display Team:

"Okay, as promised, some photos of TF3 at the Midhurst Modellers Show last Sunday. This was the first time that I have seen the model in the flesh, it's big, and it is a feast of detail for the eyes. Complements to the shipyard of Sandy and Robbie".

And some of the images he so very kindly took:

Sandy and Robbie.
She looks absolutely perfect lads - very well done indeed to you both!

Nice to see TTTE in pride of place.

Are my eyes failing me or do I notice a lack of air cover (in the form of an heir to Jonathan Livingston Seagull???)
Old 16-02-2017, 18:43
Admiral

What can one add to such accolades .....other than to say richly deserved .....

Right whats next
Old 16-02-2017, 19:29
Crossed the Bar

Thank you all gentlemen for your very kind remarks, we feel slightly abashed.

It is comforting to note that you guys have studied the images microscopically, judging from your latest inputs. For instance, Jack has been really paying attention by noticing the correct Blue Ensign, defaced by two crossed swords, which is the Royal Engineers Maritime Ensign.

And yes Scurs, the figures are strategically placed in order to convey a storyline, as with the handling crew on the stern (including Robbie loafing by the port bicycle). As his sea-dad, I had told him that, as at school, the bicycle shed was always a good place for "delights"!

We are awaiting very rare WWI Army figures which are not in an action pose, with which to populate the bridge area. Out of over 3,000 online boxes of 1:72 scale plastic figures, ONLY ONE suits our needs and that is officers and mechanics from the Royal Flying Corps which are made by a company named EDUARD and appear to be the only figures they manufactured. Needle in a haystack, but Percy Verance came up with the goods.

We are honoured by your comment David and greatly appreciate your guidance and expertise regarding this vessel, some of which I have passed-on to the Kettering builders of another excellent TF3, which is nearing completion.

Tim, who could forget Timothy the Tank Engine? Also highly astute of you to notice that Jonathan Livingston Seagull is not yet aboard and on his perch. I shall have to visit a Hobby Store or a cake decoration shop to secure his release by passing over the Queen's shilling eh?

There are still little bits of super-detailing to be done before final completion, namely: two rolled-up Jacobs Ladders to be manufactured and fitted just aft of the sternmost whalers; and the ship's accommodation ladder and platform as well; the former of which I have just started on.

So, thank you ALL for your kind comments as we really have appreciated your support during this build.

Kindest regards groupies,

Robbie and Sandy.

Ship Search by Name : Advanced Search
Random Timeline Entry : 3rd January 1939 : HMS Ashanti : Sailed Scapa Flow for Liverpool to refit a leaking feed tank