PDA

View Full Version : British Battlecruisers?

Krieg1981
10-10-2009, 14:44
I'm looking for some good quality photos of British Battlecruisers, Invincible all the way to Hood! Apparently, there is a shortage of pictures of these magnificent warships(especially Tiger!) on the interwebz. If there is a thread on this topic already, kill this thread! otherwise.......Help!!!!!:D

Batstiger
10-10-2009, 15:23
Without being sarcastic Krieg may I suggest that you trawl through the search programme and find it (them) for yourself, there are plenty of posts and pictures of them on this forum?

Regards, Bob.

Krieg1981
10-10-2009, 15:53
Yeah, sorry. I tried the search function(limited to one word!?) and found some good pics of Australia and a couple of Tiger......but that's it. I guess I need to spend a couple of hours searching the site.

BCRenown
10-10-2009, 16:13
Hi Herr Krieg,

To get you started on Renown and Repulse, try this link;

http://www.worldnavalships.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1756&highlight=RENOWN

There are many other RN battlecruiser photos on this forum. In fact, they have been posted all over the place. "Seek and ye shall find".

Monty

FTM127
11-10-2009, 11:05
Here are two paintings and a picture. The first painting is by Jim Laurier and titled "To Malta, For Freedom" (copywrite Laurier/Morsheimer) and was commissioned to honor my father, L. Joseph Morsheimer who is depicted flying BR169 off HMS Eagle on 5/9/42. HMS Renown is off the port side of the USS Wasp. You can find much more detail by searching on these key words. There is also the light Battle Cruiser Charybdis to the starboard side of Eagle.

Fred

Batstiger
08-02-2010, 16:30
No doubt you have all studied Kronserg's wonderful picture of Renowns fighting top but I wonder how many of you noticed the every day features of ships of that era which we all took for granted.

By this I mean "Voice Pipes"

Here is another reminder, look around and note the way they are intricately woven between decks. "MARVELLOUS".

Bob.

mik43
08-02-2010, 19:48
Well spotted Bob!!

Mik

Dreadnought
10-02-2010, 08:44
To help others searching for British Battle Cruisers here is a link to the subject on the Forum.
http://www.worldnavalships.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1561

I include this because if you search Battle and Cruiser as two separate words you will miss it as the title has Battlecruiser as one word.

Terry ... don't know if you want to change the title of your 'RN Battlecruisers' thread. The search facility obviously doesn't recognise key words within longer words like Google can. It's such a good thread that shouldn't be missed ..!!

harry.gibbon
18-02-2010, 20:07
No doubt you have all studied Kronserg's wonderful picture of Renowns fighting top but I wonder how many of you noticed the every day features of ships of that era which we all took for granted.

By this I mean "Voice Pipes"

Here is another reminder, look around and note the way they are intricately woven between decks. "MARVELLOUS".

Bob.

Bob,

Without me being insensitive, would one of these pipes from each platform have been connected to a slopdrain or other such 'waste' disposal route.
Their use having brought some relief to those on watch ... just a thought!

Little h

Batstiger
18-02-2010, 22:05
Bob,

Without me being insensitive, would one of these pipes from each platform have been connected to a slopdrain or other such 'waste' disposal route.
Their use having brought some relief to those on watch ... just a thought!

Little h

Could be Harry can you tell me which ones?

Bob.

harry.gibbon
18-02-2010, 22:29
Nice one Bob:) showed the voice pipe 'plumbing' pic to she who must be obeyed and we have just stopped laughing... one is tempted to answer that the tube used for such would be the one from whence the aloft lookout/watchkeeper was getting most grieff from the other end!

Sorry but can't be certain with a serious reply ... poss the sternmost tube on each platform at a guess!

Little h