PDA

View Full Version : Jims Naval Calendar

astraltrader
25-09-2009, 23:29
I have been asked to put together a seperate thread about Jims Calender.
So always keen to help here tis for no charge or reward!

A note to members Jim has kindly put together a calender for you featuring his paintings.
If you download a copy of each of the installments featured in this thread you will end up with an excellent little calender!

Vegaskip
27-09-2009, 14:42
To celebrate 10,000 'Views', I've made up a calendar for 2010, of some of my paintings. Two months to an A4 page, a ring binder or one those plastic clamp strips would do for holding it together. I'll post the front/back cover, and the first 2 months. Please feel free to down load and print off. March/April tomorrow and so on.

harry.gibbon
27-09-2009, 14:48
Jim congrats on passing your 10,000th viewing... great achievement and a sign of the interest taken in your work.

2010 calendar is a fantastic idea/gesture and I kinda feel would like to make a contribution at the end of downloading.

I would have no difficulty if you were to set a charge for the privilege of taking one or more of your calendars ... either for yourself or a charity of your choosing. Don't know what you or the others might think!!!

Little h

Vegaskip
27-09-2009, 15:13
Little h , thanks for the offer, but I don't want any money for the calander. However if any 'organsation,/association',wants to use it to help with funds,or for a charity, it would be ok with me. I would'nt say no to some commissions or to sell some of the pictures which get in the way of the wife's dusting though.

PS I don't mind 'hoovering' but hate dusting

regards

Bee
27-09-2009, 15:54
Congratulations on your 10.000th viewing Jim...and what a lovely idea to celebrate it with a calendar. Also extremely generous to share it freely with the forum users & others. I agree with Harry in that I wouldn't mind contributing something towards it....but at least I will see if there might be some group around here who would like to use it as a fundraiser....maybe my Dad's old R.N. Association might give it a go - I'll get in touch with them.
I should imagine that it'll also generate more interest in this already brilliant forum....so that's great.:)

Regards,
Bee

p.s. I love the way you've "framed" your pictures in the calendar too. It really makes them stand out.

Vegaskip
27-09-2009, 16:46
Thanks Bee,Good idea about the clubs, RSL's etc and I don't mind at all.

regards

Bee
27-09-2009, 17:02
Hi again Jim & Thankyou,

Actually my husband just mentioned about the RSLs too....(great minds 'n all :)). I'm sure that there would be some form of commission...coming your way...should they take up the idea.
Thanks once again...and I hope some of the other forum members help you out with reducing the amount of dusting that needs to be done at Jim and Greta's place.

Cheers,
Bee
p.s. I believe our Jim has just said....he's willing to sell some paintings....so come on peoples....we all love his work. Now delve into your pockets and you might just be lucky enough to get an original by the man himself. :)

ivorthediver
27-09-2009, 17:24
As one who has assisted in Jim's dusting problem I can confirm that they are even better when in front of you

Mine is in pride of place at home and no one is allowed to dust it ....thats my privilege

Jim, you are such a Gentlemen and so self effacing its not true !......

Thank you so much for this kind gesture and it must have taken you a lot of time putting it together .....I will be very glad to use it and print it off as the well meaning commercial rubbish I end up with is a waste of a match......

Incidentally .......the artist I have been trying to find out about was Brome
which means nothing to me at all but it would seem that the Artist's signature was part hidden by the frame ?

When I get a photograph of it I will send it to you to look at .....

Kind Regards to both you kind souls

Ivor

Vegaskip
27-09-2009, 17:32
Thanks Ivor(wonder how many times I've said that) staunch supporter as usual.Glad to see you have solved the Artist pic, never heard of him! look forward to seeing the photo of your picture.

regards

Bee
27-09-2009, 17:35
Glad to see you have good taste in your artwork Ivor, Me too. (Although I must admit - I kind of expected that you would.) :)

It's lovely to be able to have a tangible piece of forum history (from our talented Jim), makes it more real.

Also I'm glad you've been able to discover the identity of your artist, Brome. Must admit, I've never heard of him...but will have a go at looking him up.

'bye for now,
Bee

ivorthediver
27-09-2009, 18:05
JIM / BEE, thanks for your comments.......Dear Mother ...bless her said that this artist was the one who also painted the "Belgian Royal Family" but I would not put to much store in that ......but what I know about art could be put ...etc....etc....EXCEPT... Jim's masterpieces of course:D

Vegaskip
28-09-2009, 16:04
Here is the next instalment of the calendar

karen
28-09-2009, 19:34
Hallo Jim,

"What can I say"--Absolutely Fantastic!!!!

I Shall get my Feelers out here in Portugal and see what I can come up with, Keep up the excellant work I thoroughly enjoy looking at your talented work.

Tell Greta at least she has someone that does the hoovering----maybe one day you will "enjoy dusting"!!!!!

Karen

Vegaskip
28-09-2009, 19:49
Thanks Karen, I'm not mentioning any thing about housework that would be tempting fate.

Vegaskip
29-09-2009, 13:03
The next two

Vegaskip
30-09-2009, 08:19
Thanks Big Al, it's nice to give people pleasure. Ivor, I think my 'why do you think I'm an impoverished artist' came out wrong. It was meant to mean ...'If I could predict the numbers I would'nt be an 'impoverished artist'

Anyway here's today's ofering.

Vegaskip
30-09-2009, 19:19
Thanks folks, there dos'nt seem to be much take up of the calender, I think I'll have to ask Astraltrader if he can maybe put all the pages together and put it in a separate thread,I think it just needs a bit of publicity.

regards

harry.gibbon
30-09-2009, 19:26
Jim I am taking the downloads as I load my printer... good job all round mate

Little h

Vegaskip
30-09-2009, 20:13
Right here is the rest of the calendar

PS would you like a Chrissy Card as well?.

PPS Thanks Terry

harry.gibbon
30-09-2009, 20:21
Jim I will let you know to whom/what I shall be donating in due course... I have a couple of p/time council jobs (one at a school for kids with learning difficulties) so I will also ask colleagues if they want any and if so to whom they might prefer to donate...

Your calenders wont be 'taken' without someone somewhere getting some benefit... rest assured mate:)

Little h

Vegaskip
30-09-2009, 20:28
Thanks little h, I really did the calendar as a wee treat for members, however if people want to use them for charity, its fine by me, but please don't any one feel obligated to do so.

regards

astraltrader
30-09-2009, 20:50
I am glad you liked the thread Jim.

harry.gibbon
30-09-2009, 20:57
Dedicated Thread as sought ... Nice one Terry mate!!! Little h

Vegaskip
03-10-2009, 18:53
Just a reminder to folks of the free! Calender to down load on this thread.

qprdave
03-10-2009, 19:00
Jim

A few time I have thought to myself, "Well he has excelled himself this time, and couldn't get any better", Everytime that I think that, you come out with something that proves me wrong. Is there no end to your talent?

Anyway. Great Calender and a great Idea

Keep proving me wrong!!!!

Dave

Vegaskip
03-10-2009, 19:18
With pleasure Dave, and I mean that, I get great pleasure posting my stuff on the forum, I even feel guilty some times if I have'nt posted for a while.

Regards

ivorthediver
03-10-2009, 20:27
Dearest Jim,

What can I say to you ??????????????????????????????????????????????

You of all people should not feel guilty ..............

Apart from Slack Alice ...name me one other person who has given as much pleasure as you !

Yes please to the Christmas Card ...that would be the icing on the cake :D

harry.gibbon
03-10-2009, 23:52
Jim ... Christmas card(s):);)! ... Yes please mate. Little h

Bee
05-10-2009, 16:08
Hi Jim,

Lovely paintings, lovely calendar (and yes...your original spelling is correct with Calendar...hopefully Terry will put it right in the thread title eventually :) ).

So far I've tried printing out the cover and back page and only managed to get half sized pics....I guess they should be able to be printed at A4 size ???? I'll just have to experiment with "tweaking" my computer and printer a bit. :rolleyes:

With regard to Christmas cards....sounds great to me too :)

Regards,
Bee

Vegaskip
05-10-2009, 17:48
Bee the calendar is desined to be printed out on A4 landscape and cut down the middle giving you an A5 size calendar.
One way to make it A4 is,once you have cut it just scan each page and enlarge to A4 and print.(assuming you have a scanner that is). If you are stuck let me know and I'll email you a set at A4.

Bee
06-10-2009, 02:35
Thanks for that Jim,
I'll give it a go here first....but don't be surprised if I end up taking you up on your email option...:)
Regards,
Bee

Bee
06-10-2009, 11:21
Thankyou Terry,
For fixing the spelling. :)
Regards,
Bee

astraltrader
06-10-2009, 13:32
It would have been a pleasure Bee but Kc beat me to it!!:D

Mind you I am pretty good at spelling and I cant believe that I spelt it as I did!

ivorthediver
06-10-2009, 17:05
It would have been a pleasure Bee but Kc beat me to it!!:D

Mind you I am pretty good at spelling and I cant believe that I spelt it as I did!

Dear Terry ,

It just go's to prove to us all that you are human....and not "God Like"
in your voluntary contributions to this site.....

Incidentally there is a drink at the Bar for you in THE WARDROOM ;)

Vegaskip
27-10-2009, 19:30
Just a wee reminder to folks that you can download and print a 2010 calendar from this thread, also a Christmas Card from Jims Ship Paintings thread.

regards

karen
27-10-2009, 20:27
Nice to hear from you again Jim..hope all is well with you,and no Back troubles..
Love to Greta..and look forward to seeing more of your Paintings..
Karen

Vegaskip
28-10-2009, 08:12
Hi Karen, thanks for the good wishes to us both. The back has been a bit trouble lately, had to turn back while walking the dog yesterday, however it is easing.Greta has her exhibition (start setting up the day after tomorrow), so the back had better be ok for that. I'll take some photos and post them next week, and I hope to get painting again then as well.

regards

ivorthediver
28-10-2009, 17:52
Hi Jim
as a fellow back sufferer I know what your going through mate

Just finished a course of injections in the spine Facet joints which were great till it wore off ...now back to the normal pain :mad:

Vegaskip
29-10-2009, 17:33
Hi Ivor, Back is easing again, I suppose we are lucky really, I know that at least I'm pretty well mobile compaired to some.

Regards

astraltrader
20-11-2009, 22:12
STOP PRESS: JIM`S CALENDAR NOW RESIZED!!!

I have just received an email from Jim which contained a request to re-submit his calendar at a far more useful A4 size, thanks to some handy re-scanning work by Ed [Fleetchief] - well done that man!

Rather than go back, remove the originals and substitute them with these far larger ones, I have decided instead to upload them in one batch here.

So here you are you lucky people!

harry.gibbon
20-11-2009, 22:37
FANTASTIC ... thanks to all three of you guys, I am sure a lot of members will appreciate all the work involved by you all!!:)

Little h

Vegaskip
21-11-2009, 08:20
Thanks to Terry and Ed for there technical help... enjoy.

regards

Vegaskip
29-11-2009, 09:44
Here is another idea for a Christmas Card. It is sized for blank cards available in shops in the 'high street' at 10" x 7", but you can re-size it to suit.

Ednamay
29-11-2009, 11:14
Have only just discovered this thread, thank you very much.

Now I will re-site my back cushion (like you others!) and get printing!! Nice one for my workroom and a great reminder.

Edna

Vegaskip
13-12-2009, 14:12
Just another reminder for downloadable calendar and Christmas card.

harry.gibbon
13-12-2009, 14:15
Yep Jim thanks mate tis being attended to

Little h

Vegaskip
13-12-2009, 14:42
Thanks harry, once you slip down the thread a bit you tend to get lost.

Vegaskip
02-01-2010, 09:02
Hi folks,as a matter of interest did anyone, use any of the Christmas cards, or make up the Calender?.

regards

Dave Hutson
02-01-2010, 09:30
Tried the Calendar Jim after Terry had reformatted it but something was amiss in my setup so I will have to consult with Terry sometime.

Thought it was great [as always] and want it on my Office Wall.

If at first you don't get it - ask someone.:confused:

Dave H

harry.gibbon
02-01-2010, 09:50
Had a similar prob with page sizes so saved each month to pics file and resized to my liking then printed them orf... looks great with front page on photo paper remainder on 90gms paper...

got more to do because offered up for charity at work

Little h

Dave Hutson
02-01-2010, 10:01
Thanks little h .... always nice to know someone else had a prob if only so I can say "I ain't thick".

Will give that a try co's it is certainly worth displaying for all to see.

Dave H

Vegaskip
02-01-2010, 10:08
Thanks guys, I'll try to be better organised next year, I must say, I have had a lot of good feed back from friends about the 'fishing boat' christmas card (looks like there will be a run on small picture frames).

regards

ceylon220
02-01-2010, 10:24
I always marvel at the talent that some of you guys have at drawing and sketching on this site and only wish that I had that talent, keep them coming, I`m sure that I am not the only one on here that envies you your skills and for the calendar--what can I say --an artist at his best, looking for to seeing more of your art work Jim.

Best regards,
Dave (ceylon220)

Vegaskip
02-01-2010, 11:42
Thanks Dave,thinking of a three funnel county class cruiser for the next painting.

regards

astraltrader
02-01-2010, 14:34
Hi folks,as a matter of interest did anyone, use any of the Christmas cards, or make up the Calender?.

regards

Sure did Jim - I have emailed it to 4 different friends who will have printed it off and got it ready for use. :):)

Vegaskip
02-01-2010, 15:03
Thanks Terry, and Happy New Year to you and yours.

regards

astraltrader
02-01-2010, 15:19
Thanks Jim and the same to you my friend. :)

karen
03-01-2010, 23:31
Hi Jim..

Calendar being put too good use....keeping alongside the painting you done for Dad of the Troubridge.....many thanks.... Have also mailed to a couple of friends..also in America and Australia....
I wish you and greta a happy and Healthy new year 2010..and keep the wonderful paintings coming...
Karen and Ivor....

Vegaskip
04-01-2010, 08:49
Thank you both for the good wishes, and we return them to Ivor and yourself. We are having problens with snow here in Fife at the moment, main roads are not too bad, but side roads have about 6" hard packed snow and ice.
"Hatches have been battened down" to a certain extent, and only ventured out for essentials.Roll on the thaw!.

regards