PDA

View Full Version : SeaVampire T22, XA109

Vegaskip
02-09-2009, 13:56
I am looking into the history of SeaVampire T22 XA109.

This a/c was on exhibition at the Museum Of Flight, East Fortune in Scotland, and is about to be restored at RAF Leuchars, my two grand daughters (both members of the Air Training Corps) are assisting in the restoration.

So far all I have been able to find on the net and in my own library is that it was delivered to Lossiemouth, 18/9/53, and was on the fire dump 11/66, then to East Fortune for display.

We would be most grateful for any information relating to this a/c

astraltrader
02-09-2009, 14:11
All I know Jim is the version you have is a T.22 - the navy version of the vampire T.11 two-seat trainer. It was not capable of taking off and landing from aircraft carriers.

Vegaskip
02-09-2009, 14:47
Yes I have that,unfortunatly the gold mine of information, FLEET AIR ARM archive say they are temporarily closed until further notice due to 'goings on' for the Centenary Celebrations.

Fairlead
02-09-2009, 17:04
Every aircraft has a Technical Log which stays with it for life - if you can find out where these are archived and recover it/them then you will have all the answers to the whole history of the aircraft - but surely Leuchars should have told you that.

Fairlead

Vegaskip
02-09-2009, 17:31
Hi Fairlead, thanks for that , as far as I know the a/c is being delivered today, the ATC folks are going up there tonight so I should get more info tomorrow.

regards